Monday, December 31, 2012

" 2012 is Ringing in My Ears"

It is hard to know what to reflect on at the end of a year. I believe the milestones reveal themselves with the passage of time. With the exception of color blocking, it was ugly in the 1980's and its ugly in 2012. DEATH TO COLOR BLOCKING!

What about 2012 is ringing in my ears?

It was a year of exploration and change. I changed jobs and I took a head first dive into the world of writing. I joined a writing group, registered for a 9 week writing workshop and attended my first writers conference.

One of the highlights of the year, came in late summer when I strolled into the local dog shelter and found a tiny chihuahua curled into a ball, sharing space with two very large beagle pups. It was love at first sight and now Greta lives among the three dogs and one cat that is my family.

I treated myself to a good movie "Lincoln" ( Day-Lewis made the GOP sexy) a good book, " Gone Girl" ( sorry 50 Shades of Grey) and a good CD, "Unorthodox Jukebox" (Yes, I like Bruno Mars, do you have a problem with that?)

I voted on November 6, 2012 and enjoyed the summer olympics. I welcomed my nephew Felipe in February and got to know my second cousin Armando. I changed my dentist, passed a stress test and attended a civil union.


All in all it was a good, good year. I look forward to the next 12 months, 52 weeks, 365 days. The laughter and merriment is fast approaching and the hour glass for 2013 yearns. Happy New Year, dear friends, now it's your turn!




No comments:

Post a Comment